Hook this pattern on Ravelry here.
What you need:
- Crochet hook 1mm (US 12/6)
- Crochet Thread No 8 or No 10
Notes: You can use any thread or yarn weight,
just make sure to use appropriate hook size.
Pictures show snowflakes that are blocked and stiffened using water-based glue. If you want to stiffen and block your snowflakes click here for the tutorial.
This pattern uses US terminology and these abbreviations:
- sc – single crochet
- ch – chain
- slst – slip stitch
- hdc – half double crochet
- dc – double crochet
- tr – triple crochet
- ML – magic loop/circle/ring
- Start with the ML, ch3(stands for 1st dc), dc2, ch3, (dc3, ch3) x 5, slst in the top ch of the starting ch3,
- slst in next 2 dc, work in the 3chain space from the rnd 1: [slst, ch3(stands for dc), dc2, ch3,dc3]. Skip the 3 dc stitches, work just in 3 ch space (dc3, ch3, dc3) x 5. Slst in the top ch of the starting ch3.
- Slst in 2 dc stitches from rnd 2, [work in the 3chain space: slst, ch3(stands for dc), dc2, ch3,dc3], ch2, slst between the two sets of dc3 from rnd3, ch2. [(Work in the 3chain space: dc2, ch3,dc3), ch2, slst, ch2] x 5, slst in the top ch of the starting ch3.
- a) sc1 in the same stitch you slst in the end of rnd 3, ch3, skip top chain, slst in next 2.
b,c,d) hdc, dc, dc2 in 3ch space, ch3, slst in two bottom chains, ch2, slst in bottom ch, slst in bottom ch of ch3, ch2, slst in bottom chain, slst in bottom ch of ch3. dc2 in 3ch space, dc, hdc, ch3, slst in 2 bottom ch, sc, sc2 on 2ch from rnd3, ch2 on the next 2ch. Repeat for 5 more times and finish off with a slst in the starting single crochet stitch.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me in comments section of this post, on my Facebook page, or by email
[email protected]. Also, if you make the snowflakes, send me some pictures, I’ll publish them on my Facebook page. You can tag me on Instagram @barbarapecek.
This pattern is copyright of Barbara Peček / TheMagicLoop.com . Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. Do not sell this pattern or parts of this pattern. You may sell finished items made from this pattern, but please clearly credit the design to me and provide a link to my website www.themagicloop.com.