Hook this Autumn Doll pattern on Ravelry here!
This little redhead doll is autumn ready! Just look at her yellow raincoat and boots. She stands 22cm (8.7 inches) tall.
What you need?
- crochet hook 3mm (between US C and D)
- worsted weight yarn in many different colors
- tapestry needle
- OPTIONAL: Safety eyes 6mm
- OPTIONAL: Buttons
This pattern uses US terminology and these abbreviations:
- sc – single crochet
- ch – chain
- sc2inc – two single crochets in one stitch (single crochet increase)
- sc2tog – single crochet two stitches together (single crochet decrease)
- slst – slip stitch
- hdc – half double crochet
- dc – double crochet
- dc2inc – double crochet increase
- dc2tog – double crochet decrease
- ML – magic loop/circle/ring
Worked in rounds from top. Don’t do the slipstitch after every row, just continue with the instructions.
1. 6sc in ML (6)
2. (sc2inc) x 6 (12)
3. (sc, sc2inc) x 6 (18)
4. (sc2, sc2inc) x 6 (24)
5. (sc3, sc2inc) x 6 (30)
6. (sc4, sc2inc) x 6 (36)
7. – 13. sc36 around (36)
Insert safety eyes.
14. (sc4, sc2tog) x 6 (30)
15. (sc3, sc2tog) x 6 (24)
16. (sc2, sc2tog) x 6 (18)
17. (sc, sc2tog) x 6 (12)
Stuff the head.
18. (sc2tog) x 6 (6)
Slipstitch and fasten off. Leave a long tail for sewing.
Make two, worked from the bottom.
1. sc6 in ML (6)
2. sc2inc x 6 (12)
3.- 20. sc12 around (12)
When you make the first leg, cut the yarn, but don’t fasten off. Don’t cut the yarn after the second leg but keep working the rounds.
Figure 1 shows you how to join the legs. Insert your hook in the stitch no 1, right next to the last stitch you made in row 20. Yarn over and do single crochet.
21. sc12 on leg no 1 (from 1 to 12 green), starting from pink number 1, sc12 on the other leg. Your hook should now be in pink no 12. (24)
22. – 26. sc24 around (24)
Change colors and continue working the body. Figure1
1.-11. sc24 around (24)
12. (sc2, sc2tog) x 6 (18)
13. sc18 around (18)
14. sc2tog x 6 (12)
15.-18. sc12 around (12)
Fasten off and leave a long tail for sewing the head on.
Fold the last two rows over the 15th and 16th row to create a turtleneck. Sew the head on.
Worked in the rounds from the bottom.
1. sc6 in ML (6)
2. sc2inc, sc5 (7)
3. sc2inc, sc6 (8)
4.-5. sc8 around (8)
6.-18. sc8 around (8)
19. sc2tog x 4 (4)
Fasten off and leave a long tail for sewing. Make two. Sew them right under the turtleneck, showed with the yellow arrows.
Starting from the bottom.
1.ch30, ch3 more
2. starting from the 4th chain from the hook, dc30, ch3, turn (30)
3.-8. dc30, ch3, turn (30)
9. dc7, ch3, skip next 3 stitches(this creates holes), dc10, ch3, skip next 3, dc7, fasten off.
The hood is optional.
10. Ch4, skip the first 4 stitches of the 9th row, connect the chain to the coat by doing one sc in the 5th stitch, while the ch4 is still on the hook. Sc21 (when you get to the ch3 from previous row, sc3 in back loops only), stop 4 stitches from the end of the row. ch7.
11. Skip first 3 chains, dc4 on the chain, dc10, dc2inc x 2, dc10, dc4 on the chain, ch3, turn (32)
12. dc15, dc2inc x 2, dc15, ch3, turn (34)
13. dc16, dc2inc x 2, dc16, ch3, turn (36)
14. dc17, dc2inc x 2, dc17, ch3, turn (38)
15. dc17, dc2tog x 2, dc17, ch3, turn (36) – decreasing
16. dc16, dc2tog x 2, dc16, ch3, turn (34)
17. dc15, dc2tog x 2, dc15, ch3, turn (32)
18. dc14, dc2tog x 2, dc14, ch3, turn (30)
19. dc13, dc2tog x 2, dc13, fasten off and cut the yarn.
Join yarn in the stitch marked with no 1.
1. ch3(this will stand for 1st dc), dc10, slst in 3rd ch from ch3 (11)
2. -7. ch3, dc10, slst.
Fasten off. Finish the hood by sewing or crocheting together both ends of the row 19 (as shown on the middle picture below). Do a row of sc in different color around the coat. Add buttons.
2. from 4th chain from hook dc6, ch3, turn (6)
3.-16. dc6, ch3, turn (6)
17. dc6, fasten off.
Join ends by sewing/crocheting them together.
Starting with soles. Worked in ovals.
2. from 2nd chain from hook sc7, sc3inc in last chain, continue around, sc7, sc3inc in top chain. (20)
Now you have an oval with 3sc on both ends and 7sc on each side.
3. sc8, sc3inc, sc9, sc3inc (25)
4. sc6, hdc, dc3, dc3inc, dc4, hdc, sc6, sc3inc, sc1 (28)
5. back loop only, sc28 around (28)
6. 6sc, dc2tog x 6, 10sc (22)
7. 6sc, dc2tog x 3, 7sc, sc2tog, sc1 (18)
8. sc18 around (18)
9. sc7, sc2tog, sc7, sc2tog (16)
10. sc16 around (16)
11. sc7, sc2inc x 2, sc7 (18)
12. sc18 around (18)
13. sc8, sc2inc x 2, sc8 (20)
14. sc20 around (20)
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me in comments section of this post, on my Facebook page, or by e-mail email@example.com. Also, if you make Autumn Doll, send me some pictures, I’ll publish them on my Facebook page. You can tag me on Instagram @barbarapecek.
This pattern is copyright of Barbara Peček / TheMagicLoop.com . Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. Do not sell this pattern or parts of this pattern. You may sell finished items made from this pattern, but please clearly credit the design to me and provide a link to my blog www.themagicloop.com.